Stop comparing yourself to others! You are your own person, and you have your own set of strengths and weaknesses. Stop letting other people’s accomplishments define your self-worth. When you start comparing yourself to others, it can lead to feeling envious, jealous, or even depressed, which can lead to you not getting the job or promotion you deserve. But when you stay focused on yourself, you can focus on being the best version of yourself—not the best version of someone else.
So instead of comparing yourself to others, try focusing on your own accomplishments! This will help build up confidence in what makes YOU great: whether it’s your sense of humor or your ability to think outside the box at work. And when you feel confident about who YOU are? Well then THAT’S when people start noticing YOU too!
Here are six easy ways to stop playing the comparison game so you can truly slay the day!
- Remember that everyone has flaws: It’s easy to think that people are perfect when you only see how amazing they look on Instagram or Facebook or Twitter, but there’s more to life than an edited photo or a perfect caption. Everyone has flaws—and everyone is awesome in their own way because of those flaws!
- Be proud of what makes you different from other people: Everyone has something unique about them that makes them stand out from the crowd—so find out what makes YOU special! Then own it and show it off with pride!
- When you see a post that makes you feel bad about yourself, scroll past it immediately. Don’t engage with the person or comment about how great their life looks—just move on with your day!
- Find someone who makes YOU feel good about yourself and follow them instead! Look up people who inspire you and make sure they’re on your feed regularly so that when you want to look at something positive and uplifting, there’s someone there waiting for you with open arms (or whatever metaphor works).
- Focus on your own goals and achievements—not those of other people. Whenever you catch yourself comparing yourself to others, take a step back and think about what you want to accomplish in your life, or how far you’ve come already!
- Remember how amazing YOU are! The only person who can tell you how amazing YOU are is YOU—so focus on what makes YOU awesome! Find things that make YOU unique and embrace them; it’s okay if other people don’t see them as well!
Have you ever caught yourself thinking, “I wish I had that person’s life”?
Who hasn’t? It’s a horrible feeling, and it can make you feel like your own life is boring and uninteresting. But these six ways will help you stop comparing yourself to others and start fully living in the moment.