Being a mompreneur is hard. It’s really, really hard.
But it’s also the best thing I’ve ever done for myself and my family. And I’m so grateful for that.
It’s a huge responsibility—and it means putting yourself out there every single day with no safety net. But if you’re up for it? It’s an amazing feeling knowing that everything is up to you, and that whatever happens today will be because of what YOU did yesterday!
Here are five reasons why I love being a mompreneur:
1) It’s flexible! I can work from anywhere at any time—and that means if I want to go on vacation with my family, or take care of someone who’s sick, or even stay home with my kids while they’re sick (no one wants to send their kid to school with germs), then I can do that without worrying about losing money or clients. When your business is online, you can work anywhere to a wide array of a client base.
2) It helps me feel more empowered as a woman in general. Being an entrepreneur makes me feel like I’m in control of everything—and that’s empowering! Plus it means that I don’t have to worry about answering to anyone else… except for maybe my son Joshua 🙂
3) Entrepreneurship fuels my creative juices. Being a mompreneur allows me to express myself creatively through my business ventures while still staying true to myself as an individual who values success through personal growth in conjunction with professional goals.
4) Kids are always paying attention. My son loves seeing how hard his mommy works, and he thinks it’s so cool that I have my own business! It doesn’t get better than this!
5) I love what I do. When you love your work, then it never feels like work. Being a mompreneur is a full-time job that doesn’t have an end date, and it’s not just about the money—it’s about the passion. Mompreneurs love what they do because they have something to offer, and they know it. They’re doing this because they want to make a difference in the world around them. And that’s what makes them so successful: they’re not just doing something because they have to—they’re doing it because there’s something inside them that drives them forward every single day of their lives.
If you’re interested in becoming a mompreneur, don’t let all the potential challenges stop you from going for it!!! Just know that, like any other venture, business-building takes a lot of hard work, dedication and passion for what you’re doing. It’s not as simple as following a template or some cookie cutter steps—it’s really about figuring out what resonates with your audience.