If you’ve tried to raise money with crowdfunding, you quickly realized there’s more to it than having an appealing idea. The real challenge is sharing information about your crowdfunding campaign.
If you’re looking to promote your crowdfunding campaign, check out these ideas:
1. Twitter. Sending short tweets can serve to inform and remind people of your fundraising efforts. There are even tools available that allow you to load a month’s worth of tweets and then deliver them at chosen intervals.
- All it takes is the right person to re-tweet and things will start happening.
2. Facebook. Consider creating a Facebook page dedicated to your campaign. It’s a great home base to link to all your other marketing efforts. Facebook provides an easy method of delivering commentary, photos, and video. It’s also very easy for your friends, family, and those who “like” your page to spread the word.
3. Google+ Groups. There are several groups dedicated to providing a way to spread the word regarding your campaign. Google+ Groups is another great way to meet similar people. If you already have a Gmail account, you’re all set. Search for fitting groups and participate.
4. Social Bookmarking Sites. You’ve likely heard of Pinterest and Reddit, these sites gets millions of views and can lead you to your next backer.
- Bookmark all of your marketing sites so others can find them more easily. There are also services that charge a small fee to bookmark the most popular sites for you. If you don’t want to create 20+ accounts on your own time, these sites are a great option.
5. Blog Article. Writing articles is a great way to drive targeted traffic to your campaign.
- Websites like Medium and Thrive Global allow you to post an article. But your article should be informative, share insight with only one or two backlinks.
- Write your own articles or pay someone a few bucks to do it for you.
6. Your personal network. Remember that your friends have friends. They also have their own Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube accounts. It would be silly if you didn’t fully utilize the people in your life. Let everyone know what you’re doing. We all have that friend or relative that seems to know everyone.
7. YouTube. There’s a reason why Google purchased YouTube. It’s because it continues to grow in popularity. Video is a great way to appeal to people.
- Make a good video and people will watch. Make a great video and people will tell others to watch. YouTube can help you do that.
It’s rarely enough to create a crowdfunding campaign. The marketing is imperative. There are too many other people trying to raise money. How can you get others to see your campaign? Create a strategic marketing plan that will make others aware of your crowdfunding effort.
Marsha Guerrier is a bestselling author, speaker, trainer, business analyst, business coach, and CEO of HerSuiteSpot®, a MWBE and SBE certified small business consulting and coaching agency that provides online and in-person support to early stage female founders looking to accelerate their business.